Kerala and beyond: Indian home cooking with Bhavna, the modern Desi
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Location: PYRMONT, NSW
- Product code: BHAV24
Forget everything you think you know about Indian food. We've called in Bhavna, the modern Desi, to give us an authentic lesson in all-things Indian home cooking.
From Keralan Curry to Zucchini Raita, this class will dive into traditional dishes that you might never have heard of before, but will soon know how to recreate at home.
Bhavna Kalra Shivalkar has a passion for sharing Indian cuisine with Australians, and spends her time crafting new fusion recipes, writing food columns for publications like SBS, launching pop-up restaurants and hosting cooking classes. Obviously, she's the perfect person to run this special edition hands-on Masterclass.
What You'll Learn
- How to use traditional spices in the right quantities, to gently build authentic flavour.
- That Indian food is so much more than the oily Butter Chicken your local takeaway serves up.
- Keralan curry
- Spice dusted fish cutlets
- Chick pea curry
- Zucchini raita
- Welcome drinks and canapes.
- Demonstration by Bhavna
- A fully equipped cooking island in our state-of-the-art kitchens, to prepare your own dishes.
- Time to enjoy your creations in our stunning dining room.
- Free parking at Sydney Fish Market.
- Take-home recipe booklet.
- A Sydney Seafood School apron.
Please be aware that you will be cooking in a group of 4-6. To book a group of 7 or more into this class, please call us on 02 9004 1111 or email email@example.com.
We make every effort to ensure that the class and the recipes proceed as advertised. However occasionally we may need to alter recipes, ingredients or class format due to availability of produce or other circumstances.
Recipes may contain allergens beside fish, crustaceans and molluscs. Please contact us for more information.