SSS For Kids: Dumplings
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Location: PYRMONT, NSW
- Product code: KD23
Get your kiddos comfortable in the kitchen in this safe and fun kids’ cooking class!
Dumplings are one of the easiest and most enjoyable recipes for little hands, and in this class kids will learn how to make a selection of delicious and simple dumplings, filling and folding them themselves.
Suitable for children aged 8-14.
Please note if children are younger than 8, they will need to be accompanied by an adult, who will need to buy a ticket. Not suitable for children under 6.
How The Class Works
- Parents have the choice to drop off and pick up their children, or to participate in the class alongside them (essential for any children under 8) with the purchase of an additional ticket. We’ll hook you up with free parking at Sydney Fish Market regardless!
- First off, the recipe is demonstrated by our expert staff in our mini auditorium.
- Then, the kids get a chance to make their own version, working together in our fantastic kitchens (and given a helping hand where needed).
- Finally, they will enjoy their creations together.
What They’ll Learn
- All about kitchen safety, including how to safely use a knife and a frying pan.
- How to prepare, fill and fold dumplings.
- How to peel a prawn like an expert.
What They’ll Cook
- Chicken and Chive Pot-sticker Dumplings
- Poached Prawn Dumplings
- Expert demonstration in our tiered theatrette.
- A fully equipped cooking island in our state-of-the-art kitchens, to prepare their own delicious dishes under the watchful eyes of our friendly staff.
- Free parking at Sydney Fish Market for parent pick-up and drop-off.
- Take-home recipe booklet.
- Sydney Seafood School apron.
Please be aware that your child will be cooking in a group of 4-6. To book a group of 7 or more into this class, please call us on 02 9004 1111 or email email@example.com.
We make every effort to ensure that the class and the recipes proceed as advertised. However occasionally we may need to alter recipes, ingredients or class format due to availability of produce or other circumstances.
Recipes may contain allergens beside fish, crustaceans and molluscs. Please contact us for more information.