Thai Street Food
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Location: PYRMONT, NSW
- Product code: TSF23
Bet you didn’t know that we have a Thai food expert in the house. Join Sydney Seafood School's Grace Milinthangkul to learn about the flavours she's cooked with all her life: from galangal to Thai basil, bean paste to fish sauce... and (of course) chilli!
Grace is a guest favourite, not only because she’s a barrel of laughs, but also because she is full of stories and knowledge about Thai cooking and culture. Her two restaurants in Thailand and her childhood spent cooking with her grandmother’s home-grown herbs are just the tip of the iceberg.
What You'll Learn
How to use (and where to buy) traditional Thai ingredients, and what to sub them out with if they’re not in season.
The key to balancing sweet, sour, salty, spicy, and bitter flavours: a cornerstone of Thai cooking.
How to use a wok like Grace’s grandma.
- Tom Yum Kung (famous spicy and sour soup)
- Pad Hoi Prik Pao (chilli and basil clams with chill paste)
- Kang Kung (morning glory) stir fried with bean paste
- Expert demonstration in our tiered theatrette.
- A fully equipped cooking island in our state-of-the-art kitchens, to prepare your own dishes.
- Time to enjoy your creations in our stunning dining room.
- Free parking at Sydney Fish Market.
- Take-home recipe booklet.
- Sydney Seafood School apron.
Please be aware that you will be cooking in a group of 4-6. To book a group of 7 or more into this class, please call us on 02 9004 1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We make every effort to ensure that the class and the recipes proceed as advertised. However occasionally we may need to alter recipes, ingredients or class format due to availability of produce or other circumstances.