- Duration: 3 Hours
- Location: PYRMONT, NSW
- Product code: UNI22
If your first taste of an Urchin is stepping on one in a rock pool, you’d be forgiven for being hesitant to eat them. But they are a delicacy worldwide for a reason!
In some parts of south-east Australia, Urchin breed in plague proportions. This not only makes them extremely affordable, but it has also led local researchers to call on Aussies to eat more Urchin to protect marine habitats.
Join this unique cooking class to uncover the mysteries of Japan's favourite spiny specimens, and help out the environment too!
What You'll Learn
- How some of Australia's most artisinal fishers hand-dive for Urchin and Abalone.
- That strange-looking species are not to be feared!
- Sea Urchin Butter
- Sea Urchin Custards
- Spaghetti with Sea Urchin
- Expert demonstration in our tiered theatrette.
- A fully equipped cooking island in our state-of-the-art kitchens, to prepare your own dishes.
- Time to enjoy your creations in our stunning dining room.
- Free parking at Sydney Fish Market.
- Take-home recipe booklet.
- Sydney Seafood School apron.
Please be aware that you will be cooking in a group of 4-6. To book a group of 7 or more into this class, please call us on 02 9004 1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.