First Nations Christmas with NICI
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Location: PYRMONT, NSW
- Product code: FNSxmas
It's time to put on a truly Aussie Christmas spread, using all the classics, as well as a sprinkle of native ingredients!
Our friends at the National Indigenous Culinary Institute are back to run you through the ultimate Christmas entertaining menu (including all the favourites: prawns, Barramundi, and Kingfish), while you learn how to ethically source and cook with saltbush, warrigal greens, Davidson plum, and so much more.
This class is held in collaboration with the fantastic chef Luke Bourke (from Rockpool Bar & Grill) and the National Indigenous Culinary Institute (NICI) which supports young Aboriginal chefs through their apprenticeships, and helps establish and support their career pathways.
What You’ll Learn
- Where to source and buy native ingredients
- Which native ingredients work best with seafood
- How to support Indigenous-owned businesses
- How the National Indigenous Culinary Institute is supporting young Aboriginal chefs across the country
What You’ll Cook
- Kingfish tartare with Davidson plum and seaweed
- Fresh prawns with a lemon myrtle Marie Rose sauce
- Barramundi with pepper-berry and river mint yoghurt
- Expert demonstration by Luke Bourke and discussion with Nathan Lovett from NICI in our tiered theatrette.
- A fully equipped cooking island in our state-of-the-art kitchens, to prepare your own dishes.
- Time to enjoy your creations in our stunning dining room.
- Free parking at Sydney Fish Market.
- Take-home recipe booklet.
- Sydney Seafood School apron.
Please be aware that you will be cooking in a group of 4-6. To book a group of 7 or more into this class, please call us on 02 9004 1111 or email email@example.com.
We make every effort to ensure that the class and the recipes proceed as advertised. However occasionally we may need to alter recipes, ingredients or class format due to availability of produce or other circumstances.
Recipes may contain allergens beside fish, crustaceans and molluscs. Please contact us for more information.