Sundowners at Sydney Seafood School: O Tama Carey
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Location: PYRMONT, NSW
- Product code: OTC22
When she opened Lankan Filling Station in Darlinghurst in 2018, O Tama Carey finally tapped into her Sri Lankan heritage, having spent many years cooking everything from French and Italian, to Japanese and Chinese.
Join O Tama for the first of our new 'Sundowners at the Sydney Seafood School' sessions, where she’ll be cooking some of her favourite dishes from her new cookbook, Lanka Food. Over a drink and a chat we’ll learn about the tasty seafood fritters that the Sri Lankans call cutlets, the secrets to the perfect fish curry and discover the knack to hoppers, the quintessentially Sri Lankan bowl-shaped pancakes.
What You’ll Learn
All of the secrets found back of house at one of Sydney's most famous Sri Lankan restaurants. How to make a hopper, the soul of Sri Lankan cuisine.
- Crab cutlets
- Fish curry
- Welcome drinks and canapes
- Expert demonstration by O Tama Carey in our tiered theatrette
- A post-presentation tasting in our state-of-the-art cooking school with another glass of wine (or two)
- Connect with your friends and our presenters
- Free parking at Sydney Fish Market
- Take-home recipe booklet
Please be aware that this is not a hands-on cooking class. This is a demonstration and tasting class only.